On December 31, 2017, Bruce Corporation had the following account balances related to credit sales and receivables prior to recording adjusting entries: Accounts receivable$168,000Allowance for doubtful accounts700credit balanceSales revenue (all credit sales) 550,000Required:Prepare the necessary year-end adjusting entry related to uncollectible accounts for each of the following independent assumptions:A. On December 31 an Accounts Receivable (Jane Doe) of $300 from a prior year was determined to be uncollectible; therefore, it was written off immediately as a bad debt.B. It is estimated that a provision for bad debts is required for 1% of credit sales for the year.C. An aging of accounts receivable is completed. It is estimated that $6,000 of the receivables outstanding at year-end will be uncollectible.
- RECOMMENDED!!ACC 317-Summarize the major benefits of forming a corporation
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 324-Drab Corporation, a calendar year S corporation,
- RECOMMENDED!!QNT 561 BUSSINESS-To prepare the statement of cash flows, accountants for Vinson
- RECOMMENDED!!MBA 641-Glass company manufactures glasses that it sells
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 151-Trego Company issued, on December 31, 2018