Liberty Limited acquired an item of machinery that cost $42,000 on 1 April 2013. At that date the useful life of the machinery was estimated to be 7 years. On 1 April 2014, the electric motor that drives the conveyor belt seized and had to be replaced. A new engine that cost $24,000 was installed on the same date. It was estimated that at the date of acquisition the original motor was worth $21,000. The estimated useful life of the new motor is 4 years.RequiredPrepare journal entries to record depreciation for the item of machinery for the years ending 31 March 2014 and 31 March 2015. Show all workings.
- RECOMMENDED!!ACC 317-Summarize the major benefits of forming a corporation
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 324-Drab Corporation, a calendar year S corporation,
- RECOMMENDED!!QNT 561 BUSSINESS-To prepare the statement of cash flows, accountants for Vinson
- RECOMMENDED!!MBA 641-Glass company manufactures glasses that it sells
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 151-Trego Company issued, on December 31, 2018