Maximum number of points = 100
– If nothing is turned in by the deadline = 0 points
– If the write-up is turned in by the deadline, the 100 points are distributed as follows:
– 10 points for respecting technical specifications (writing in essay format rather than bullet points; meeting the requirement of 3 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12, 1.25 margins; the length of 3 pages is a specific requirement; maximum of 3.5 pages accepted, beyond that there would be a penalty);
– 20 points for describing the cultural environment of the country using Hall’s framework (out of which 10 points for correctly identifying if the country is high or low context; and 10 points for explaining which characteristics make the country high or low context)
– 28 points for describing the cultural environment of the country using Trompenaars’ framework (out of which 2 points for correctly identifying the value* the country takes on for each one of the 7 dimensions; and 2 points for explaining the choice of value on each one of the 7 dimensions)
– 11 points for identifying challenges for American investors posed by the cultural environment
– 11 points for identifying opportunities for American investors posed by the cultural environment
– 20 points for formulating 2 recommendations (10 points for each recommendation) to an American investor to successfully navigate the country’s cultural environment (the recommendations have to be actionable items and they must take into account identified differences between American culture and the culture of the country, using either Hall’s or Trompenaars’ framework for the comparison between the two cultures; to get the full points, each recommendation has to be supported with arguments).
* value = is the country universalist or particularist?/is the country neutral or affective?/etc.