Assignment: Using the Confrontation Model, Part 1
In this Assignment, you will use the Confrontation Model, outlined by Scott & Turner (2010), to address a communication problem you are encountering. The Confrontation Model features 10 steps, which take you through making an opening statement, interacting with a partner, and determining a resolution.
To prepare for this Assignment, pay particular attention to the following Learning Resource:
· Scott, S., & Turner, J. S. (2010). Confrontation model of conversation provides tools to discuss and resolve tough issues. Journal of Staff Development, 31(5), 63–64. “See pdf”
To complete your Assignment , compose a cohesive document that addresses the following:
· Analyze a challenging communication issue that you are currently facing using the Confrontation Model to address the challenging situation.
· Conduct a challenging conversation in which you apply strategies to avoid a negative coaching situation and promote a positive coaching situation.
· Analyze your conversation with the individual, with special focus on how you:
· Applied at least two communication strategies to avoid a negative coaching situation.
· Applied at least two communication strategies to promote a positive coaching situation.
· 2-3 pages
· APA citing
· No plagiarism