Assignment # 11 – Chapter 9
TCM 710 – Project Leadership
Due Date: Tuesday, April 12th at 11:55 PM Name: Enter Name Here
Discussion Board – A discussion topic for Assignment # 11 has been posted. Please make at least 1 posting to the discussion board by the due date. Simply posting once every week does not guarantee full credit for the discussion board. Discussion credit will be evaluated based on your contribution to discussions and your ability to interact with other students in the class.
Homework Assignment # 11
· Read Chapter 9 from the course text and answer the following questions.
Complete the questions in the template at the end of this document and return it through the Assignments Tab in Blackboard.
· List your answers in the template below. Expand space for your answer as needed.
· Provide discussion and thought with the questions (a one sentence response typically is not enough).
· Be sure to complete the assignment in this template file and return the entire file using the assignment link located in the Assignments tab. DO NOT RETURN IT USING REGULAR EMAIL.
Begin Work Here….. 5 points per question number unless otherwise noted (34 points total)
1) Why are followers of charismatic leaders more likely to assume greater risk than they would with other types of leaders?
2) Discuss the key traits and motives of the negative charismatic leader.
3) Discuss why charisma as it relates to leadership is sometimes referred to as “a double-edged sword”.
4) Identify and briefly introduce a charismatic leader not mentioned in the course text. List three traits or methods of this leader that clearly identify him or her as a charismatic leader. Discuss each trait and explain why it is an indication of a charismatic leader. (provide a reference for your information source).
5) Are all transformational leaders charismatic? If not, identify at least three traits or methods of a transformational leader that are not necessarily traits of a charismatic leader.
6) a) Identify and discuss commonalities between stewardship leadership and servant leadership.
b) Discuss some key traits or areas of emphasis that are typically different for stewardship leadership as compared to servant leadership.
Questions 7-10 Fill in the blank with the most appropriate answer (answers may consist of one or more words as appropriate). (1 point each)
(continued on next page)
7) _____________leadership focuses on maintaining stability within the organization through regular economic and social exchanges that achieve specific goals for both leaders and followers.
8) Steward leadership is most effective in an environment where authority and decision making is ___________________ and at a lower level where the work gets done.
9) The _______________ charismatic leader is one who possesses an egalitarian, self-transcendent, and empowering personality.
10) Max Weber used the term “charisma” to explain a form of influence based on ________________________.