Need help with my writing homework on Role Women played in the Scientific Revolution of the 18th Century and Science Today. Write a 1750 word paper answering; In this context, it is argued that women’s alternative way of looking at the world, was from the very beginning of the evolution of science, marginalized and banished from the position of being a rational mode of scientific inquiry. It is now an accepted argument and the sacred nature of objectivity itself has been questioned in the process.Rosser (2008) has thrown light upon the gender-biased beliefs and attitudes held equally in the past and the present regarding women and their role in science and said, “one of the most persistent beliefs is that only men can be scientists” (p.9). This belief, though weakened by the scientific achievements of women through history, still survives to a great extent. This is why any examination of the role played by women in the development of science historically as well as today has to be cautious of the intentional and unintentional omissions that exist in written and documented history of this topic. Scholars have noted that the contributions of many women to science went unrecorded and many contributions by them were discarded by categorizing them as non-science (Schiebinger, 1991, p.2). Yet women have made such valuable contributions to science that even a strongly patriarchal society like ours has not been able to suppress their presence and visibility in the field. Francois Poullain (1673) challenging a bestial majority that held women were intellectually inferior to men, had observed, “the mind has no sex” and the argument around this statement continues in new forms even today (as cited in Schiebinger, 1991, p.1).The major hurdle that existed in the 18th century, as well as today, has been that women have much less access to education as compared to men (Rosser, 2008, p.9). One of the earliest available information in this area has revealed that as Christian Church handled and .patronized science more than any other individual or institution in the recent two centuries, and hence the nuns were in a more privileged position than other women, some of them being able to learn and practice medicine (Rosser, 2008, p.9). This might have been one of the first recorded instances in history when women are seen to have an opportunity to deal with science.
- I need help with class BIO 201 1 chance for each assignment, and 2 chances for each question There’s 10 weeks total / 3 chapters per week, each week contains 3 assignments (due on Saturday) and midte
- Write 8 pages with APA style on Conflict and Negotiation in Organisations. Researchers have widely studied the topic of conflict to give a clear understanding of what it is and its implication on busi
- Write 12 pages with APA style on Islamic Banking and the Financial Crisis. The following verses of the Quran illustrate Islamic prohibitions on riba or usury: “And for practicing usury, which was forb
- Write a 4-6-page paper answering the questions. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.Note:Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may research lo
- Create a 6 pages page paper that discusses the heroism of othello. According to the research findings, heroes (or heroines) must have three essential character traits. These include a noble stature, e