SECTION A (10 MARKS)There are TEN (10) questions in this section. Answer ALL questions in space provided in the Answer Booklet.1 . What are the FIVE (5) elements in the management process?A. Plan, direct, update, lead, and superviseB. Accounting, finance, marketing, operations, and managementC. Organize, plan, control, staff, and manageD. Plan, organize, staff, lead, and controlE. Plan, lead, organize, manage, and control2. All of the following decisions fall within the scope of operations management EXCEPT for:A. Creating the company income statement. B. Design of goods and services. C. Location strategies.D. Managing quality and statistical process control.E. Human resources, job design and work measurement.3. Which of the following is NOT one of the TEN (10) strategic operations management decisions?A. Layout strategiesB. MaintenanceC. Process and capacity strategiesD. Mass customizationE. Supply chain management4. Cost cutting in international operations can take place because of:A. Lower taxes and tariffs.B, Lower wage scales. C. Lower indirect costs. D. Less stringent regulations. E. All of the above.5. Which of the following represents a reason for globalizing operations?A. To improve the supply chainB. To improve operationsC. To expand a product’s life cycleD. To attract and retain global talent E. All of these6. One use of short-range forecasts is to determine:A. Planning for new products. B. Cash budgeting.C. Research and development plans.D. Facility location. E. Production levels.7. The THREE (3) major elements of the product decision are:A. Selection, definition, and design. B. Goods, services, and hybrids. C. Strategy, tactics, and operations.D. Cost, differentiation, and speed of response.E. Legislative, judicial, and executive.8. At which stage of the product life cycle is product strategy likely to focus on improved cost control?A. IntroductionB. GrowthC. MaturityD. Saturation E. Inflation9. A successful quality strategy features which of the following elements?A. An organizational culture that fosters qualityB. An understanding of the principles of qualityC. Engaging employees in the necessary activities to implement qualityD. A and CE. A, B, and C10. Location decisions are often being based on which of the following?A. Ports and riversB. Rail hubsC. Interstate highwaysD. AirportsE. All of these
- Write a 8 pages paper on key elements in the hotel feasibility study. The feasibility study investigates the need for the proposed project with proper estimation, documentation and support in order to
- Hi, need to submit a 1500 words paper on the topic How war is described in the war comic Barefoot Gen.
- You will prepare and submit a term paper on Organization Structure and Its External Environmental. Your paper should be a minimum of 1000 words in length.
- Write 4 pages thesis on the topic empirical research paper. For instance, the introductory part of the report is not included in the abstract. Introduction The report provides comprehensive informatio
- Complete 3 pages APA formatted article: Why Shanghai Free trade zone is a threat to Hong Kong.