I need help creating a thesis and an outline on The Allegation of Discrimination of Amtrak. Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is required. This essay explores the three cases that show the unfriendly environment that black employees had to face. Amtrak had flagrant discrimination in the workplace that had to be punished through monetary settlements. Campbell vs. National Railroad Passenger Corp. was a suit brought against Amtrak for discriminating against a black Conductor. “On March 3, 2009, a federal jury in Oakland issued a verdict against Amtrak for $677,000 for Race Discrimination toward John Earl Campbell, an African-American Conductor”. The case was brought due to Mr. Campbell’s refusal for engineer training during the five years he worked for Amtrak. After being terminated for complaining about race discrimination, Mr. Campbell filed suit for discrimination. It also came out in the trial that top management and managers regularly used racial slurs in front of black employees. The lack of training for higher positions was also an issue. The jury found that based on race alone Mr. Campbell was passed over for training and promotion. It was also found that Mr. Campbell was terminated due to being black. The suit Mr. Campbell brought was surprising for several reasons. Firstly, this discrimination complaint was not brought in the Deep South, but in Oakland, California. Secondly, this is the twenty-first century. Racism, especially in the workplace, should not be prevalent in today’s corporations. Suits from the 1970’s can be understood since that was the era after the Civil Rights Movement, but this is 2009. Discrimination in the workplace has been outlawed for decades. Amtrak seems to think they are above the law in regards to discrimination laws. National Railroad Passenger Corp. v. Morgan, Abner is the case about a black engineer in the Oakland Maintenance Yard. Mr. Morgan asserted the black workers had to endure slurs, discipline based on race and refused training opportunities.
- Write a 8 pages paper on key elements in the hotel feasibility study. The feasibility study investigates the need for the proposed project with proper estimation, documentation and support in order to
- Hi, need to submit a 1500 words paper on the topic How war is described in the war comic Barefoot Gen.
- You will prepare and submit a term paper on Organization Structure and Its External Environmental. Your paper should be a minimum of 1000 words in length.
- Write 4 pages thesis on the topic empirical research paper. For instance, the introductory part of the report is not included in the abstract. Introduction The report provides comprehensive informatio
- Complete 3 pages APA formatted article: Why Shanghai Free trade zone is a threat to Hong Kong.