I need some assistance with these assignment. rio de janeiro: exploring the links between inequality and violence Thank you in advance for the help! Nowadays many modern countries face inequality, poverty, and crime, especially in separate urban areas. “Cities across Africa, Asia, and Latin America are increasingly characterized by burgeoning squatter settlements, shanty-towns, and favelas, fuelling fears about the negative social and political impact of urban growth” (Beal, J., 2009). The reasons for such difficult conditions are predetermined by the historical background of these countries. The city of Rio de Janeiro is one of the best examples when the city combines luxury infrastructure and poor slums. Having a long history of slavery and socially unjust, it now struggles against the consequences, which appeared due to the low economic stability and partial segregation of the population. “Organized crime and gang violence can be found in both poor and rich countries. They often pose serious problems, particularly in urban areas, to the state and to society” (Pierre Hauck and Sven Peterke, 2010). Rio, which is one of the major tourist attractions in Brazil, the greatest financial center and seaport, undergoes a constant struggle between the local authorities and drug dealers.  .During this period, the city felt the nationwide impacts of unemployment, “informalization” of labor, poverty, violence, increases in the number of slums, urban degradation, and violence” (Luiz Cesar de Queiroz Ribeiro, 2013). Many countries today face the same situations. The rate of inequality and crime increases in the majority of the largest cities in the world. The process of urbanization plays a great role in it. “Cities as disparate as Bagdad, Ciudad Juarez, Kabul, Nairobi, Rio de Janeiro, and San Pedro Sula are being problematized by what some have termed the “new military urbanism” (Muggan, R., 2012).The history of Rio de Janeiro covers about one thousand five hundred years. On the first of January, 1502 the Portuguese navigator Gaspar de Lemos discovered Guanabara Bay. The Portuguese considered the bay to be the mouth of the river. Consequently, the name of the city translated from Portuguese means “January River”.
- Write a 8 pages paper on key elements in the hotel feasibility study. The feasibility study investigates the need for the proposed project with proper estimation, documentation and support in order to
- Hi, need to submit a 1500 words paper on the topic How war is described in the war comic Barefoot Gen.
- You will prepare and submit a term paper on Organization Structure and Its External Environmental. Your paper should be a minimum of 1000 words in length.
- Write 4 pages thesis on the topic empirical research paper. For instance, the introductory part of the report is not included in the abstract. Introduction The report provides comprehensive informatio
- Complete 3 pages APA formatted article: Why Shanghai Free trade zone is a threat to Hong Kong.