Your assignment is to prepare and submit a paper on oedipus against freud. Similarly, Freud with reference to the work of many other philosophers describes Hamlet’s desire to take revenge from his stepfather as his anger towards the fact that Hamlet’s stepfather killed his father and possessed his mother which is something Hamlet had wanted to do on an unconscious level . (Freud, 176). It is worth mentioning here that such an interpretation of Hamlet’s motives is not made evident by Shakespeare but is rather just an interpretation of Freud and his contemporaries. There are five stages of psychosexual development as described by Freud namely. Oral, Anal, Phallic, Latency, and Genital. The psychoanalytic theory advocates that man goes through a developmental transition in the five psychosexual stages and might become fixated with a particular stage, which would then have developmental implications on his personality (Magnavita, 88). The Oedipus complex develops in an individual in the phallic stage of psychosexual development. In this stage, the child is between 4 – 8 years of age and becomes aware of his genitals. It is during this stage that the “Castration Anxiety” stems, that is the fear of the male child that he would be castrated by his father for developing sexual desires towards his mother. Consequently, the child develops feelings of hatred towards his father whom he perceives as an obvious competitor of his mother’s love. The same is the case with female children, who develop the “Electra Complex,” that is the love for their father and hatred towards their mothers. This phenomenon leads to the development of the superego (Magnavita, 91). Fenichel in his book “The Psychoanalytic Theory of Neurosis” goes on to explain the span of retention of the Oedipus complex. Ideally, after the Phallic stage, the Latency stage begins in which the well-developed superego rationalizes the decisions of the iid and molds the ego into performing more moral deeds rather than the realistically desired ones (Fenichel, 95).
- Write a 8 pages paper on key elements in the hotel feasibility study. The feasibility study investigates the need for the proposed project with proper estimation, documentation and support in order to
- Hi, need to submit a 1500 words paper on the topic How war is described in the war comic Barefoot Gen.
- You will prepare and submit a term paper on Organization Structure and Its External Environmental. Your paper should be a minimum of 1000 words in length.
- Write 4 pages thesis on the topic empirical research paper. For instance, the introductory part of the report is not included in the abstract. Introduction The report provides comprehensive informatio
- Complete 3 pages APA formatted article: Why Shanghai Free trade zone is a threat to Hong Kong.