Your assignment is to prepare and submit a paper on does smoking cause lung cancer. It is much easier to consider the problem from an epidemiological point of view. It is enough to prove that the risk of developing lung cancer in the population of smokers is significantly higher than that in the population of non-smokers. In this respect, we need to define the population of smokers. Naturally, an effect of smoking in the population who have been smoking more than a pack of cigarettes for the last 20 years is much more than the effect of smoking in a population who smoke at most 3 cigarettes a day for last five years. The probability of developing lung cancer is expected to be more in the former group than in the latter. Let us consider the population of longtime smokers. e.g. the population consists of males or females who have been smoking more than a pack of cigarettes for the last 20 years or more.Let π1 be the probability of developing lung cancer in the group of smokers and let π2 be the probability of developing lung cancer in the group of non-smokers. Test the null hypothesis of equality of the two proportions versus the alternative that π1 >. π2. Mathematically, we may writeEquivalently we may say that under the null hypothesis the odds of developing lung cancer in the population of smokers is 1 against the alternative that the odds are greater than 1. Let the odds of developing lung cancer be denoted by θ. Hence, the equivalent hypothesis isTo test the above null hypothesis data need to be collected from a sample of smokers and another sample of non-smokers. Recall that we have defined the smoker population as who have been smoking more than one pack of cigarettes for past 20 years or so. Those who had smoked for more than 20 years but are current non-smokers are not included in the study. Ordinarily, such hypotheses may be tested by collecting data from a cross-section of the .population. However, lung cancer is a rare disease and to have a good enough representation of deceased persons in the sample a retrospective study is recommended.
- Write a 8 pages paper on key elements in the hotel feasibility study. The feasibility study investigates the need for the proposed project with proper estimation, documentation and support in order to
- Hi, need to submit a 1500 words paper on the topic How war is described in the war comic Barefoot Gen.
- You will prepare and submit a term paper on Organization Structure and Its External Environmental. Your paper should be a minimum of 1000 words in length.
- Write 4 pages thesis on the topic empirical research paper. For instance, the introductory part of the report is not included in the abstract. Introduction The report provides comprehensive informatio
- Complete 3 pages APA formatted article: Why Shanghai Free trade zone is a threat to Hong Kong.