During 2016, William acquired a six-unit apartment building for $315,000 with the intention of operating it as a rental property. Three weeks after his purchase, he received an unexpected offer to purchase the building for $387,000. He accepts the offer.Should the $72,000 be treated as a capital gain or as business income? Why?
- RECOMMENDED!!ACC 317-Summarize the major benefits of forming a corporation
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 324-Drab Corporation, a calendar year S corporation,
- RECOMMENDED!!QNT 561 BUSSINESS-To prepare the statement of cash flows, accountants for Vinson
- RECOMMENDED!!MBA 641-Glass company manufactures glasses that it sells
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 151-Trego Company issued, on December 31, 2018