During 2016, Jackson Corporation had 600,000 shares of common stock and 50,000 shares of 9% preferred stock outstanding. The preferred stock does not have cumulative or convertible features. Jackson declared and paid cash dividends of $200,000 and $100,000 to common and preferred shareholders, respectively, during 2016.On January 1, 2015, Jackson issued $3,000,000 of convertible 5% bonds at face value. Each $1,000 bond is convertible into five common shares.Jackson’s net income for the year ended December 31, 2016, was $4 million. The income tax rate is 15%.Instructions(a) What is Jackson’s basic earnings per share for 2016, rounded to the nearest cent? Show the necessary calculation.(b) What will Jackson report as diluted earnings per share for 2016, rounded to the nearest cent?
- RECOMMENDED!!ACC 317-Summarize the major benefits of forming a corporation
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 324-Drab Corporation, a calendar year S corporation,
- RECOMMENDED!!QNT 561 BUSSINESS-To prepare the statement of cash flows, accountants for Vinson
- RECOMMENDED!!MBA 641-Glass company manufactures glasses that it sells
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 151-Trego Company issued, on December 31, 2018