P6-2B?Lifetime Distribution markets classic children’s books. At the beginning of June, Lifetime had in beginning inventory 1,200 books with a unit cost of $3. During June, Lifetime made the following purchases of books.June 3 4,000 @ $3 June 29 4,000 @ $6June 18 7,500 @ $5During June, 10,500 books were sold. Lifetime uses a periodic inventory system.Instructions(a) Cost of goods sold:FIFO $42,100LIFO $56,500Average $48,475 (a) Determine the cost of goods available for sale.(b) Determine (1) the ending inventory and (2) the cost of goods sold under each of the assumed cost flow methods (FIFO, LIFO, and average-cost). Prove the accuracy of the cost of goods sold under the FIFO and LIFO methods. (Note: For average-cost, round cost per unit to three decimal places.)(c) Which cost flow method results in (1) the highest inventory amount for the balance sheet and (2) the highest cost of goods sold for the income statement?
- RECOMMENDED!!ACC 317-Summarize the major benefits of forming a corporation
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 324-Drab Corporation, a calendar year S corporation,
- RECOMMENDED!!QNT 561 BUSSINESS-To prepare the statement of cash flows, accountants for Vinson
- RECOMMENDED!!MBA 641-Glass company manufactures glasses that it sells
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 151-Trego Company issued, on December 31, 2018