The abbreviated statement of financial position of Red plc, a listed company, at 31 May 2015, was as follows: £000 Net assets 32,000 Capital and reserves Share capital (25p ordinary) 5,000 Share premium 6,500 Revaluation reserve 3,500 Retained earnings 17,000 32,000The retained profit for the year to 31 May 2016 was £430,000. During the year to 31 May 2016 the following transactions took place:i) 29 July 2015 Red plc purchased 6 million of its ordinary shares at £2.50 each to be held as treasury shares ii) 11 November 2015 Sold 2 million of the treasury shares for £2.10 each iii) 8 March 2016 Sold 1.5 million of the treasury shares for £2.70 eacha) Prepare journal entries to record the three transactions aboveb) Prepare the capital and reserves section of the statement of financial position as at 31 May 2016.
- RECOMMENDED!!ACC 317-Summarize the major benefits of forming a corporation
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 324-Drab Corporation, a calendar year S corporation,
- RECOMMENDED!!QNT 561 BUSSINESS-To prepare the statement of cash flows, accountants for Vinson
- RECOMMENDED!!MBA 641-Glass company manufactures glasses that it sells
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 151-Trego Company issued, on December 31, 2018