On November 1,2014 Portsmith Corporation, a calendar-year U.S. corporation, invested in a purely speculative contract to purchase 1 million yen on January 30, 2015, from the Karoke Trading Company, a Japanese brokerage firm. Portsmith agreed to purchase 1,000,000 yen from Karoke at a fixed price of $0.0100 per yen. Karaoke agreed to transit 1,000,000 yen to Portsmouth on January 30. Net settlement is not permitted. The spot rates for yen are:Nov 01, 2014 1 yen = $0.0097 Dec 31, 2014 1 yen = $0.0104 Jan 30, 2015 1 yen = $0.0106The 30 day forward rate for yen on december 31, 2014 was $0.0104Required: Prepare the General Journal entries that Portsmith would record on November 1, December 31, and January 30.
- RECOMMENDED!!ACC 317-Summarize the major benefits of forming a corporation
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 324-Drab Corporation, a calendar year S corporation,
- RECOMMENDED!!QNT 561 BUSSINESS-To prepare the statement of cash flows, accountants for Vinson
- RECOMMENDED!!MBA 641-Glass company manufactures glasses that it sells
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 151-Trego Company issued, on December 31, 2018