On December 31, 2017, PanTech Company invests $42,000 in SoftPlus, a variable interest entity. In contractual agreements completed on that date, PanTech established itself as the primary beneficiary of SoftPlus. Previously, PanTech had no equity interest in SoftPlus. Immediately after PanTech’s investment, SoftPlus presents the following balance sheet: Cash $ 42,000 Long-term debt $ 252,000Marketing software 294,000 Noncontrolling interest 126,000Computer equipment 84,000 PanTech equity interest 42,000Total assets $ 420,000 Total liabilities and equity $ 420,000Each of the above amounts represents an assessed fair value at December 31, 2017, except for the marketing software.Accordingly the December 31 fair value of SoftPlus is assessed at $168,000.If the marketing software was undervalued by $42,000, what amounts for SoftPlus would appear in PanTech’s December 31, 2017, consolidated financial statements?If the marketing software was overvalued by $42,000, what amounts for SoftPlus would appear in PanTech’s December 31, 2017, consolidated financial statements?
- RECOMMENDED!!ACC 317-Summarize the major benefits of forming a corporation
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 324-Drab Corporation, a calendar year S corporation,
- RECOMMENDED!!QNT 561 BUSSINESS-To prepare the statement of cash flows, accountants for Vinson
- RECOMMENDED!!MBA 641-Glass company manufactures glasses that it sells
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 151-Trego Company issued, on December 31, 2018