Presented below are two independent situations:(a) Yount Company exchanged an old machine (cost $150,000 less $90,000 accumulated depreciation) plus $10,000 cash for a new machine. The old machine had a fair value of $54,000. Prepare the entry to record the exchange of assets by Yount Company.(b) Lawson Company trades old equipment (cost $90,000 less $54,000 accumulated depreciation) for new equipment. Lawson paid ,000 cash in the trade. The old equipment that was traded had a fair value of $54,000. Prepare the entry to record the exchange of assets by Lawson Company. The transaction has commercial substance.
- RECOMMENDED!!ACC 317-Summarize the major benefits of forming a corporation
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 324-Drab Corporation, a calendar year S corporation,
- RECOMMENDED!!QNT 561 BUSSINESS-To prepare the statement of cash flows, accountants for Vinson
- RECOMMENDED!!MBA 641-Glass company manufactures glasses that it sells
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 151-Trego Company issued, on December 31, 2018