Operating Income and Transfer PriceThe Mill Flow Company has two divisions. The Cutting Division prepares timber at its sawmills. The Assembly Division prepares the cut lumber into finished wood for the furniture industry. No inventories exist in either division at the beginning of 20×3. During the year, the Cutting Division prepared 60,000 cords of wood at a cost of $660,000. All the lumber was transferred to the Assembly Division, where additional operating costs of $6 per cord were incurred. The 600,000 boardfeet of finished wood were sold for $2,500,000.Required:a. Determine the operating income for each division if the transfer price from Cutting to Assembly is at cost, $11 a cord.b. Determine the operating income for each division if the transfer price is $9 per cord.
- RECOMMENDED!!ACC 317-Summarize the major benefits of forming a corporation
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 324-Drab Corporation, a calendar year S corporation,
- RECOMMENDED!!QNT 561 BUSSINESS-To prepare the statement of cash flows, accountants for Vinson
- RECOMMENDED!!MBA 641-Glass company manufactures glasses that it sells
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 151-Trego Company issued, on December 31, 2018