Question 2As a new auditor for the accounting firm of Croix, Marais and Kale, you have been assigned to review the internal controls over mail cash receipts of Stillwater Ltd. Your review reveals the following: cheques are promptly endorsed ‘For Deposit Only’ but no list of the cheques is prepared by the person opening the mail. The mail is opened either by the cashier or by the employee who maintains the accounts receivable records. Mail receipts are deposited in the bank weekly by the cashier.Required:Write a letter to M.R. Lynn, owner of the Stillwater Ltd, explaining the weaknesses in internal control and your recommendations for improving the system.
- RECOMMENDED!!ACC 317-Summarize the major benefits of forming a corporation
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 324-Drab Corporation, a calendar year S corporation,
- RECOMMENDED!!QNT 561 BUSSINESS-To prepare the statement of cash flows, accountants for Vinson
- RECOMMENDED!!MBA 641-Glass company manufactures glasses that it sells
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 151-Trego Company issued, on December 31, 2018