2. Incremental analysis Information regarding current operations of the Farrell Corporation is given below: A proposed addition to Farrell’s factory is estimated by the sales manager to increase sales by a maximum of $750,000. The company’s accountants have determined that the proposed addition will add $320,000 to fixed costs each year. Variable costs are expected to be at the same percentage as they currently are before the proposed addition.(a) Explain why the existing $310,000 of fixed costs is a sunk cost while the $320,000 of fixed costs associated with the proposed addition is an out-of-pocket cost.(b) Calculate by how much the proposed addition will either increase or reduce operating income. Show all work.
- RECOMMENDED!!ACC 317-Summarize the major benefits of forming a corporation
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 324-Drab Corporation, a calendar year S corporation,
- RECOMMENDED!!QNT 561 BUSSINESS-To prepare the statement of cash flows, accountants for Vinson
- RECOMMENDED!!MBA 641-Glass company manufactures glasses that it sells
- RECOMMENDED!!ACCT 151-Trego Company issued, on December 31, 2018