Romantic Style in Music
BEETHOVEN – Symphony no. 3 “EROICA” – Leonard Bernstein (3-4)
Berlioz: ” Symphonie Fantastique” – 5th Mvt. – Leonard Bernstein
Etude in G-flat major, op. 10, no. 5 – Dmitri Levkovich
Respond in writing to the following question after reading the text and viewing the videos above.
1. After having read about these composers and listened to their work, describe the characteristics of Romantic music. Provide examples from specific composers.
Make sure to:
· Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 100 words. Do not go over 250 words.
· Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
· Address all questions.
· Use proper grammar and punctuation.
· If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.
· Do not plagiarize. Your work will be checked by turnitin.com.